Research and Related Activities
TIFO supports research on themes related to Japan, and supports projects to purchase Japanese books for research; to build network supporting Japan studies; and to promote education on Japan and Japanese language.
- Europe, Middle East And Africa
- Asia and Oceania
- Kingston University, U.K.
- Research and workshop: “Assessing Abenomics: The Transmission Mechanisms of the Latest Japanese Reforms Package”
- University of Leeds, U.K.
- Tenkō in Trans-war Japan: Politics, Culture, History
- University of Manchester, U.K.
- Evaluation and Development of E-portfolios for Learning Japanese as a Foreign Language.
- City & Guilds of London Art School （CGLAS）, U.K.
- Workshop and lecture by Tokyo University of the Arts’ Sculpture Conservation and Restoration Lab
- Sophie Richard. Inc, U.K.
- Research on Japanese museums
- Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- International Conference: “Reconstructing Early Modern Japan” focusing on Kaiho Seiryo (1755-1817)
- Fondation France-Japon de l’EHESS
- Research Project: Scales of Alimentation between Japan, Asia, Europe and Africa
- University of Strasbourg, France
- International Conference: “Body and message - About the Structure of Translation and Adaptation”
- National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations in France （INALCO）
- Analysis of the Errors in Japanese Made by French Students
- European Policy Centre, Belgium
- ‘Building Strategic Convergence between Europe and Japan: What Challenges and Opportunities after the EU Global Strategy on Foreign and Security Policy?’
- Utrecht University, the Netherland
- Japanese and cross-cultural philosophy meeting: a Dialogue about Assumptions
- Department of Asian and North African Studies, Ca’Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- Japanese films and television programs in Europe: Former Popularity,
Current Decline, and the Quest for New Marketing Strategies (1951-2018)
- Asia Maior, Italy
- International Workshop: The Propaganda Push: The International and Domestic Politics of Strategic Communication in Japan and the Indo-Asia-Pacific
- Faculty of Law, University of Vienna, Austria
- Lecture series on Japanese Law by Dr. Oda, UCL
- Department of Japanology and Sinology of Jagiellonian University, Poland
- Translation project: Memories from Abroad.
Berlin, London, New York and Paris as Seen by the Japanese Writers at the Turn of the 19th Century
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungary
- Translation project: Japan’s Role and Interests in East Asian Regionalism
- Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
- Creation of the Documentary “Kaunas, the City of Sugihara and Japan”
- Executive Committee of Franco-Japanese Forum on the Care (Japan and France)
- Societies of Care : Lessons from Franco-Japanese Comparisons
- Center for Hai-shan Research, National Taipei University
- Local Administration and Community in Taiwan under Japanese Rule: An Empirical Study based on Taihoku Prefecture Archives (Ohoka Shoo Village Documents)
- Thammasat University
- The study of Thai people`s cross-cultural understanding on Japanese culture in Japanese literature.
- Australian national University
- Forum on “Experts’ Dialogue on Energy Policy and Regulation in Asia”
- Nanzan Institute for Religion and Culture
- Spanish translation of Thomas P. Kasulis, Engaging Japanese Philosophy: A Short History
- Executive Committee of Yamaguchi International & Regional Culture Forum
- Workshop on “Nature nurturing Human and his & her life”
- Next Leaders’ Initiative for Sustainability（NELIS）
- NELIS Sustainability Leaders‘ Summit 2017